21.5.11

Threesome

The term "threesome" elicits fierce sexual innuendos and double entendres. But in my analysis of my triangulated friendship, "threesome" is devoid of any sexual imperative. I employ this sexually-rounded term to mean simultaneous 3-way interaction, when three persons are hanging out, both giving and receiving each other [beings].

The first time I refound Linda was when she randomly last-minute texted me about a Meetup event (Meetup.com) at Midtown's Greeley Sq for a photography journey to Hoboken. I was immediately enchanted by Hoboken and a trip to New Jersey where I have always dreamed of visiting. I also did not expect Linda to ask me because I had missed her previous invitations to photoshoots. In fact, I did not think much of Linda's requests until we rekindled that day because I did not keep her on my friendship radar after our first film shoot half a year back. Being stupid, we had paid a dollar and met up with an array of photographers, noob to professional. Collectively we boarded the Path and arrived in Hoboken. I loved Hoboken and the sight of vintaged terminals along with the promenade which glinted in the sun and kept apace with its high-strung winds. Accompanying breeze made the foot trip worth it. Linda and I were completely in separate emotional spheres that day. She was amazingly courageous to strike up conversations with pure strangers while I ducked my head in my lap and played invisible. I was won over by thoughts of my ex girlfriend while Linda was gripping with SkOoLwork and similar quagmires. Only thing was she was dealing with them internally while I wore my demons on my forehead. Interestingly this led to our flip in personality: Linda was more talkative and I was apparently the most quiet on the entire meetup trip.

I remember the storm clouds moving in slowly across the horizon and New York City skyline. In the distant the skies changed colors and the sunset made its last attempt to peek at us. The twenty of us stood atop a low buff and surveyed the NYC skyline in its sunsetting glory. We had missed the official sunset by twenty minutes. The last rays of light reminded me of the company I had. I was so comfortable and homely in the company of strangers. In the company of strangers I felt safe and unjudged, untouched. I felt left alone and wonderfully lonely. I would bother Linda momentarily. She hopped around and snapped pictures like it was the end of the world. Afterall she has never been to Hoboken either. The last moment we spent was rather evanescent. We walked back to my block after taking the Path train back to 34 street and saying bye to two girls who majored in accounting. The night ended with some soothing words from Linda. I ended up crumpling the memories of my ex.

Linda reminds me of a companion -- a homegirl who I can hit up almost any time and call out to chill out with. I would hit her up and she would be there, effortlessly and it didnt cost her a thang. She would come along and keep me company. I had always wanted to have a companioness.

The four days we invaded the library was interesting because we really tried to study but ended up failing miserably. Even when we did succeed in concentrating we would always be upset about the amount of work we finished by the end of the day. We were always flustered about SkOoL. In fact, Linda tossed and turned about reiterating a major in Asian studies and even extending herself into Fine Arts.

The day I got Karen to meet Linda was interesting because I did not plan for Linda to text me. I had arranged to meet Karen by the girl's bathroom. But yes I got Linda to reacquaint with Karen. We formed a threesome and dined at Astor Place. We grabbed Mickey D's ice cream and departed upon studies.

There is such a thrill that I have never experienced in my lyfe before. I receive this thrill from them because they fill in my empty spaces. I am no longer thinking about my worries--I can successfully block out my worries when I am with them. I feel like I can make up for lost high SkOoL experiences and chill-out moments which I seldom had back in high SkOoL.

Linda can get incredibly lost in her thoughts as well. She dazes out once in a while. But she carries this amazingly fresh, energetic energy oozing with life and a zest for exploration. Her free spirited ambition and dreams are thwarted by mathematics. Her emotions are hard to escape, like all Asian American students who have been repressed and stifled in expressing emotions as a child. I have the same issue: never been hugged much and never been expressed love from parents. It is hard to understand that but we have it skin deep to the point where changing it is threatening and strange.

I miss hanging out and being with my two friends. Correction: I miss my two friends. I miss them. They have been studying and doing their own thing, readying the battle with Finals. Soon we will hit the S.I. Mall, explore the CUNY Grad Center, and attend many many more events together. Hopefully even go vintage accessory store hopping and urban spelunking. =)

No comments: