1.8.11

Full Time Existence

Friendship requires reciprocation just as a marriage warrants exclusive reciprocation by enforcing expensive diamond rings as a fixture reminder that the echoed wedding vows and sloppy kiss are for love's sake. But love is intangible in a romantic relationship, some fall upon a friendship (still technically a relationship) or vice versa. What feelings are intangible and our experiences are subjective, exclusive to each and every one of us. This is the reason why we cannot describe how we deeply love someone or even recall what we love about the person as deeply as the emotion that we feel embedded inside of us. This "inside" of us remains inside of us and cannot evidence verbal expression. I am straying a bit.

Reciprocation is the most important for the healthy maintenance of a friendship unless the friendship is highly specific ("friends for benefits, sex buddies, trysts, poker buddies, etc). Reciprocation is not a debt (Children don't owe parents anything b/c "owe" alludes to debt and parent-child relationships are not business-like or contractual. Contracts are debt-based!) because friends know that they should not ask a friend for favors. Only strangers ask for favors, because friends can assure each other that their favors will be returned because they are friends. In one way or another, will goodness be repaid with good, not evil. This sentiment ushers in the term "friends." This agreement at the start of a tacit friendship is felt after many hang-outs and chillouts.

However, some beg to differ that friends don't rely on the amount of time distance has put on them. Some people argue that friends can rekindle like a mother to child without hassle or waste of time. Friends simply rekindle any time and relocate each other smoothly. But doesn't the hiatus make the friendship impalpable and nonexistent?!

I want full time friends and my homegirl is my full time friend, not part time friend. I give her my consideration every day and almost every minute in a rather friendship-preserving way, not an obsessed or family-related attitude. I keep her on my mind and I care for her well-being, her existence, and her likeness. The word "care" puts us all in a frenzy because we use the phrase "I don't care" like we use "I love you." We scatter it as if it has no worth and no use. How do we care? Well this is actually obvious. When someone cares about you and your well-being, you feel it deep and it hits you like pangs of stomach ulcer.

No comments: