However, persons who have an ego similar to mine make me flat out jealous because my ego is aroused by the other person's display of the ego. Two complete strangers get along real well because they have not explored or gotten a taste of each other yet. It is still a mystery. Mysteries are so exciting because you haven't taken the other person for granted yet. You haven't ended your search and you haven't been bored just yet. When two strangers enter conversation, there must be something fresh in both minds, something unfiltered, something genuine that keeps their conversation going without awkwardness. Two persons must be READY AND WILLING AND ABLE TO reveal part of themselves. When you ask a question you reveal an inquisitive side of you. But when you ask half-ass questions ("You live in Queens right?!") you are revealing the assumption-making side of you. Making assumptions out loud is dangerous, so please keep them alive and contained in your head.
I graciously spoke to two girls today. I didn't get to shake their hands until the very end and that made me impressed because I would usually shake their hands first in order to establish immediate relation and power dynamic. It is amazing how Sisi and Lauren were able to keep a conversation with me for a long time. This is mostly because Sisi looks up to me---I am a fellow artist---she asked me for guitar lessons and tips. Lauren was very mature so it is no doubt that she doesn't pass judgment. It is amazing to speak to high SkOoLers who have such a future prominently active on their face and in their words every time they speak and present themselves. It is ever so inspiring.
I get along with persons who display interest in me, and they are obviously open-minded. I can hear them think and I can hear their ease in their voice. They are not stressed, they are freely, free-flowingly thinking and challenging themselves in this process without wracking their brains in public in front of you. I get along with persons who are immensely open-minded and have a penchant for keeping a conversation going endlessly and without worry.
No comments:
Post a Comment