28.6.11

Confessions of a 21 Year Old

I went on a strike from seeing you and a fasting so that I won't have to think about you. I don't think about you everyday and I certainly don't think about you baring more skin because you don't bare skin--you're really innocent and preserved. You hardly even shock a knee let alone show cleavage. Your soft fingers clutching the Pinkberry cup, delivering mango yogurt into your mouth. Your neutral eyes silent in their gaze but tempting to seize an idea out of nowhere. You gaze into my eyes for recognition as we eat our overpriced small, four topping yogurt. The silence that engulfed the air during sushi was prime: I was downtrodden by your inability to ask me about my lyfe and your inability to ask me how my day was. You didn't ask. I don't feel like you care enough. You care halfway, but just not enough. Therefore I am keeping my distance from you because I think it's better to let you do the talking and steer me a certain direction before I feel any less included.

You are mysterious because you are both an introvert and extrovert whenever you feel like it. You open up one minute and speak voraciously all your anger and curse words jumping from your tongue while another minute you hardly say anything at all. You change subject, you blink your eyes, yeah. You have a tendency to manipulate your delivery and you purposely change your intention whenever you want, making you slightly fake and slightly dramatic in very subtle ways. You employ sarcasm very effectively. It is the one of your voice that reminds me you want someone who is extremely educated and is successful because you are someone who deserves that and that there are people out there for you who will satisfy you.

I admire your mysterious personality, closed-physical aura, neutral atmosphere when I'm around you. It is true when my friend says that when she's around you, she doesn't feel like you're interesting enough. For some reason, your body does not show the passion your voice brings out. You need to move your body more and use less of your voice.

No comments: