6.2.11

Procrastinasian

Before the semester started, I boasted about how I would ground myself in my studies and stop wasting time. Surely enough when the semester rolled into its second week, I was sleeping most of the day, watching Youtube videos, surfing J.Crew online, and molesting my newly purchased JCrew messenger bag. I have unimaginable trouble touching, or even opening a book.

The root of the problem lies in procrastination and anticipation. I have moments of hope that engulf me, but they only last for the moment. This moment of hope and undying interest dies once information overload begins. A lack of concentration disrupts attention and focus. Now that I have a day left until SkOoL, I procrastinate because I feel as if Tuesday has not come yet, and at this present time, Tuesday is far far away. Unfortunately when I go to sleep at night I will know how wrong I was about time. Then I regret how much time I had wasted during the day.

TRIVIAL MATTERS
The essence of reorganizing my room and reorganizing/repacking my messenger bag four or fives a day is just irrational! When I organize my property instead of myself, I feel as if I have changed myself. But in reality I have only organized my room and my bag, but my personality has been left untouched, un-bettered. By the end of the day, my accomplishments have nothing to do with my homework therefore my homework remains undone, untouched. So sad. But unfortunately I feel this false sense of happiness after I have finished cleaning my room or reorganizing my messenger bag. This is simply substitution and finding excuses for procrastinating even more.

Ways to nip procrastination in the bud
1. Stop employing/relying on external sources e.g. music accompanying homework or television that's never turned off
2. Stop information overload by not paying attention to anything on the subway besides your purse and life. So read a book or listen to music and close your eyes
3. Go to the library because quiet cubicles do work their magic on your FOCUS and ATTENTION
4. You must concentrate 101% and thwart the opinions of the lil voice inside yo head

No comments: